Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another Crazy Story? C'mon, AC!

Confession: I've been listening to "That's How I Beat Shaq" by Aaron Carter at least once a day for about 3 weeks- hence the title of this post.

However, I do have another "crazy" story of my own!

Yesterday, I had no plans for the evening. I was actually a little disappointed that I might be spending my Friday night at home.

But then, a miracle happened:

I was invited out with Karly and some of her friends that she met through a family friend. I was so happy that I was actually going out!!

While I was at Karly's house straightening my hair and getting ready to go out, I got a message from Robin asking if we (Karly and I) wanted to go to the discoteca with her and some friends from her volleyball team. I'd never been to a discoteca before and it sounded so fun!

Now, I was conflicted. Karly had gone out of her way to ask her friends if I could tag along, and I wanted to ditch her for someone else. But before I even said anything, Karly said that if I wanted to go with Robin instead that it was okay. I asked her like six more times if she was sure, and then accepted that I had the go-ahead to go with mi otra amiga.

At about 9, Karly left to meet up with her friends. I didn't have to meet Robin until 11, so I ended up taking a shower... and ruining my straightened hair. Soon enough, it was 10:30 and time for me to catch the bus (my first time riding solo)!

The statue of Christopher Columbus was mine and Robin's meeting point last night. We met at about 10:50, but had to wait until 11:15 for her volleyball friend Javi (she plays for a co-ed team). It was freezing cold, especially by the fountain around the statue!

After a while, we saw a guy waving at us from across the street. It was Javi! He had brought a friend named Norberto. He told us that we were going to a discoteca at the Plaza de Toros...this meant that I took a bus into the center just to walk almost all the way back home. Oh well!

We walked to the Plaza and walked around it for a while choosing which discoteca looked best (there's about 3 there). Now the discotecas at the Plaza de Toros aren't really full-blown discotecas, but more like really big bars with music and dancing. The bigger discotecas are in the city center.

Anyway, we finally decided on one and got in the line. Javi told Robin and I that since we were underage (oops), we had to pretend we didn't speak any Spanish. Easy!

Sure enough, we got in no problemo. We had a blast! We danced and danced and danced some more until about 3 in the morning. There was even a live saxophone player! It was so much fun and I can't wait until I can go back.

At about 3, I called my host dad as planned for him to pick me up. Normally, I would walk or take a taxi home, but since I wasn't with Karly or my host brother, he preffered to drive me instead (he's seriously so thoughtful and awesome!).

Next activity: sleep!

Needless to say, I slept like a rock. In the morning, I woke up at about 10:30, had some breakfast, and watched Family Guy (or Padre de Familia as it's called here) with Samuel for a while. I have no plans for today, but on Sunday Robin, Karly and I are going to make chocolate chip cookies! That endeavor in itself should be interesting, so I'll probably write a post about that on Sunday.

Now, I need to attempt to condense all my experiences so far into an email for my Rotary clubs (both here and in California). Wish me luck!

Muchas gracias! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment