Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day Trippin' (part two)

So yeah, this weekend has been pretty great! If you read "Day Trippin' (part one)," you'll know that I had a fabulous Saturday in Sevilla. Now, I will tell you about my awesome Sunday in Malaga.

Today, I went with Karly and her host family to visit some friends of theirs in Malaga, which is on the coast of Spain.

I was told we were going to the beach, despite the forecast for rain. So, as any good beach-goer would do, I put on my bathing suit, a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and some shorts (I ended up changing into yoga pants though), and Karly wore basically the same thing. When we got to the house of the family friends, Karly and I immediately realized we were WAY under dressed. As it turns out, we were going to walk on the path next to the beach.

Now I still don't understand what to wear when yet, but these people confused me to the max. The women were all wearing blouses and nice jeans and the men were all wearing collared shirts. Karly and I on the other hand...well, we stuck out like a sore thumb.

After walking around feeling extremely awkward and out of place for a while, we got lunch- which is always the perfect way to feel less awkward.

The family friend man ordered all the food for the entire group without looking at the menu. It was obvious he'd been to this restaurant many times before.

Since I've been in Spain, I haven't tried a food I haven't liked. Today wasn't any different, but I don't like how the majority of the food served is fried. Everything we had today except the bread was fried. Delicious, but fried. It really makes me feel bloated and not have a happy belly.

To combat the crazy amount of fried food, Karly and I took a solo walk to explore the beach a little bit.

I touched the Mediterranean Sea for the first time!!

***********************************************************

Okay so I started this post like 3 days ago and I totally forgot what else I was going to say... basically, Karly and I ended up getting helado (as per usual) and then went home. Malaga was very beautiful.

I will try to keep writing as often as I have, but recently I have been either very busy or very sleepy (often times both).

That is all for now, I believe.

Muchas gracias! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment