Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Me llamo Tessa. Soy de California.

Recently, I enrolled in a Spanish class.

I know that just being in Spain and being around only Spanish speakers will greatly improve my Spanish, but I feel that I don't know the grammar aspect very well and won't learn that just by having conversations.

So, I am taking a class.

I took a test to see which level I would be in (basic, intermediate, advanced, etc.) last week in hopes of scoring high enough to be placed in intermediate classes so I'd have class only twice a week as opposed to the four times a week if I was placed in basic...

Unfortunately, I suck at Spanish and am now have basic Spanish classes Monday-Thursday from 4:30-6:30.

Here is a brief summary of my first two classes:

-Hola me llamo ____. Soy de _______.
-Que tal?
-uno, dos, tres...
-Yo soy, tu eres, el/ella/Usted es, etc.

Pretty groundbreaking, right?!

Yeah, it's even easier than my English class here...forrealz.

My host mom said that I should really communicate to the teacher that I understand EVERYTHING and it's super facil, so that maybe he'll move me to the intermediate classes. She also told me that since it's crazy easy and it's 2 hours a day, four days a week, that I only have to go two or three times a week.

Hopefully, it'll get better (which I'm sure it will).

Also, I have been in Spain for almost a month.

LIKE WHAT?!

So in order to celebrate this momentous occasion, Karly, Robin, and I have decided to go shopping tomorrow! After our Spanish class, Karly and I will walk to el centro to meet Robin, go shopping, eat, and go shopping.

Needless to say, my monthly allowance for October from Rotary will be greatly appreciated.

That's all, folks.

Muchas gracias! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment