Monday, September 16, 2013

Adios Granada (y Daniel)

In about 2 and a half hours (less by the time I actually get to post this) I will be boarding a bus to Madrid. 

Why Madrid? Why at 10 AM? Why spend a 5+ hour drive in a bus? 

Rotary. 

Luckily, Karly and Robin are coming as well. It also helps that Karly and I went crazy in the snack aisles of the Mercadona yesterday prepping for this journey (soon we should be prepping for type 2 diabetes and a heart attack). 

But before I say "adios" to Granada for the weekend, I'll say "adios" to my host brother Daniel, who is going to university in Barcelona today. 

And what better way to say "bye bye" than tapas! 

So last night, I went with Daniel, my other host brother Samuel, and many many others (25 all together I think) to a tapas bar in the city center. 

Now these were my first ever tapas, but I think I can say this bar isn't on Granada's top ten list (the tapa of the night was a piece of lomo and a piece of queso on a tiny cold piece if bread with a few greasy fries). Not the best food, but yummy enough. 

We all just had a fun time and chatted all night. I even met a guy from Germany who is studying at the university in Granada for a year. 

It wasn't very eventful, so there isn't much to write. I mainly wanted to share that I am having fun, making friends, and actually being able to communicate a lot more. 

Estoy bien. 

Muchas gracias! xo

 


No comments:

Post a Comment