Sunday, September 1, 2013

Packing: The Struggle is Real

6:55 AM. I wake up...can't fall back asleep despite how tired I still am. Mind you, I was up until 1:00 AM last night with my friends at my going-away "party."

I put "party" in quotes because the only thing that set it apart from a casual hang-out was cake with the "Spanish flag" frosting. 

Now, I put "Spanish flag" in quotes because Safeway (who I ordered the cake from) absolutely butchered the design. 

Luckily, I had red frosting at hand along with some helpful hands. Fixing the cake was my only planned party activity. 

The before:


The after:


Much better, right?!

So the party was fabuloso! It was a little boring at first because none of us had any idea what to do and we were lounging in the sweltering heat, but after going into my (air conditioned) room, we started having a blast! 


 
A few short hours later, dinner was served. My dad made the most delicioso ribs I have ever had! There was also tons of snacks, corn, bell peppers, and macaroni & cheese(as requested by my love, Carly).

Then we ate cake and danced and laughed and talked and laughed and laughed and cried (only a little) and laughed some more. I will miss these crazy people I call my best friends. 

This is Chip and I trying to be serious but not succeeding in the slightest. (Chip went to Germany last year on exchange. He inspired me to start this insane adventure.)

And this is Anne, myself, and Chip. (Anne is here on exchange from Denmark. She's one of the sweetest and most genuine person I've ever met. I'm sad that I won't get to spend more time with her.)

(I promise this is the last awful selfie I'll put on this post) This is me and Tim. (Tim is not an exchange student, but he's a dork and I love him.)

The party ended at about 12:30, and I fell asleep around 1:00. 

6:55 AM. Unable to fall back asleep.

So I do what any tech-savvy teen would do- I grab my phone and browse Instagram, Facebook, and Vine for two and a half hours. 

A sudden realization hits: I leave in two days. 

I leave the country in TWO days!!!

The next rapid thought comes into my head: Gotta pack gotta pack gotta pack. 

Thaaaat's right! I haven't even touched my suitcase since I bought it let alone started packing!

An hour of sorting through dozens of t-shirts and choosing only a few like it was the Hunger Games plus another hour of actually fitting everything into my suitcase plus another hour of distributing my things between my carry ons because American Airlines only allows 50 pounds of crap in a bag leaves me with this: three jam-packed bags ready to go. 


Like I said- Packing: The Struggle is Real. 

Muchas gracias for following my adventure! More coming soon!


(P.S. I got a haircut!)

Before:

After:

So short! Anyway, thank you much! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment