Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Exploring Albaicín

Let me begin with a picture-


This is Albaicín, the old part of Granada. This is not my barrio, but this is my city. 

Walking around Albaicín with my host brothers, Karly (the exchange student from Colorado who lives in my apartment building), and some others was the perfect evening activity last night. 

Albaicín is seriously the most beautiful place I have ever been. I can't even begin to describe it, so I'll leave it to the few photos I took (which do not do it justice).











And of course a selfie:

(The blonde girl in the pink is Karly)

After exploring the city, we hopped a fence and sat on part of the ancient wall. GREAT view! (It's where I took the majority of the pictures).

The night was super mellow and laid back, and people even talked slower! It was also nice to have an American to be a little touristy with (Karly and I were the only people on the wall who were taking pictures). 

After this, I have come to the conclusion that I have fallen in love with Granada. And right now, there is no other place in the world I'd rather be than here.


(**NOTE: this is a late post- the activities in this post did not happen "last night". why am I even including this disclaimer? I don't know, but I am.)

Muchas gracias! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment